Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Elizabeth Hill <El...@sas.com> on 2008/02/26 17:23:01 UTC

Newbie HTML/CSS and Java development questions

Would anyone be willing to share their experiences dealing with the html/CSS and Java development life-cycles?   I am looking for folks willing to share their experiences with the design/html side of application development with Wicket.  I am investigating how to create  a toolbox of UI elements (maybe in something like Dreamweaver or Netbeans) that would allow a designer to put together a prototype for customers that could then be exactly recreated with Wicket.  (This means having code in the prototype exactly like the code created by a Wicket component, e.g.  code created by a table or list view component.)  We would like to write CSS that creates  a consistent look and feel across all our internal applications.  We would also like to be able to produce prototypes that look like the end product.   Is this concept a good idea?  Is there a better way to get consistency between a prototype and the production app?

This list may not be the best place for this conversation so I am willing to take it off-line if necessary.  Any assistance or direction to documentation, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Elizabeth Hill
Senior Application Developer / IA
Management Information Systems
SAS Institute Inc.

RE: Newbie HTML/CSS and Java development questions

Posted by Elizabeth Hill <El...@sas.com>.
Martin,

Thanks for your help!

Elizabeth

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
For what it is worth, our middle road is just stripping plain-old
mock-up HTML/JS/CSS into wicket templates as soon as possible. After
you have laid out the foundation, throw away the static mock-ups. It
is pretty fast to iterate designs implemented in wicket as soon as you
have fixed most of the layout and page flow.

**

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
You mean you will be