Posted to user@struts.apache.org by er...@mindspring.com on 2006/02/06 19:22:14 UTC

Re: [OT]Loading data into oracle database table from a txt file.

The most common way is to use the Oracle client's SQL loader application, the name of which escapes me at the moment. Oracle's online documentation will have information about this. It might be called sqlloader or something like that.

Another way is to write your own script. Just write a Java program that parses your text file and turns each set of data into an insert or update statement. This will give you some good JDBC practice anyway.

Erik