Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2012/06/28 19:48:15 UTC

Fwd: porting multi() to zookeeper 3.3

ZooKeeper dev consensus is: "fwiw during the summit meetup we took a
poll and the consensus was
that 3.4 should now be considered stable"

So I don't see an issue with depending on 3.4.x. At some point you
have to make progress.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Gmail only showed dev :-)

Should have looked further.

Maybe revision to subject for cross post ?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
When can I expect 3.4.4 to be released ?

Cheers

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Of course I would also venture the opinion that any HBase change which
uses multi() should be considered experimental, as well as use of the
SASL authentication.  On that latter point, use of it is optional. I
would caution us to also implement use of multi for optimization of
MTTR or improvement of region assignment semantics or other related
issues as optional features.

Posted by Himanshu Vashishtha <hv...@cs.ualberta.ca>.
+1

We can also look for issues that are still open (and are delaying 3.4
to be marked as stable), and make the call whether we can use it or
not.

Re: Fwd: porting multi() to zookeeper 3.3

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
I'll repeat my +1 from a while back :)

--
Best regards,