Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2020/02/10 11:32:31 UTC

JDK 14 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

*Per the JDK 14 schedule [1]  , we are now in the Release Candidate Phase
*

The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk14, *is open for P1 bug fixes * per
the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].
For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

OpenJDK 14 EA build 36 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/14

  * These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.

OpenJDK 15 EA build 9 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/15 *
*

  * These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Significant changes since the last availability email:
      o build 8
          + JDK-8235783: DatagramSocket::disconnect should allow an
            implementation to throw UncheckedIOException
          + JDK-8237528: Inefficient compilation of Pattern Matching for
            instanceof
              # Reported by JaCoCo.
      o build 7
          + JDK-8236105: DatagramSocket.send() and
            MulticastSocket.send() methods throw an
            IllegalArgumentException
          + JDK-8231422: Better serial filter handling
          + JDK-8227758: More valid PKIX processing
          + JDK-8230318: Better trust store usage
          + JDK-8234484: Add ability to configure third port for remote JMX

Project Loom Early-Access Builds - Build 15-loom+3-20 (2020/1/27)

  * These early-access builds are provided under the GNU General Public
    License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the tyres"
    and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug reports.
    Warning: This build is based on an incomplete version of JDK 14
    <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/14/>.

Links to FOSDEM Videos that might be of interest:

  * https://twitter.com/OpenJDK/status/1225008387009785857
  * https://twitter.com/OpenJDK/status/1225011154159833088
  * https://twitter.com/OpenJDK/status/1225009792596488193

Regards,
Rory

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/14/#Schedule
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3
[3] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Fix-Request-Process
[4]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2020-February/003885.html

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 14 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Uwe!

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Uwe,

Any issues to report on your testing of the release candidate ?

Rgds,Rory

*	These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>  2, with the Classpath Exception.

*	These early-access builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>  2, with the Classpath Exception.

[4] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2020-February/003885.html <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-August/003250.html>