Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2021/05/14 03:15:40 UTC

[VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.4-incubating Release Candidate 1

Hello Heron Community,

This is a call for a vote to the 1st release candidate for Apache Heron,
version 0.20.4-incubating*.*
We request project mentors (binded) as well as all contributors (unbinded)
and users to review and vote on this incubator release.

*  The tag to be voted upon:
(83a742f42fdf5bad46f35797e8e3e39f5e12b2a5)
The full list of changes and release notes are available at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/releases/tag/0.20.4-incubating-rc1

Files can be found in dist.apache.org
Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/heron/heron-0.20.4-incubating-candidate-1/
SHA-512 checksums:

080a72ce9a1b4ccc4c44c3d6f5e00ace52c21b760f9f2e52ebaab304b67e2aa3bb1135b3f5e4498f369f9ebb41a1f1e983a2c17969ebd2901b7c3ea0de679d7c
heron-0.20.4-incubating-src.tar.gz

Please download the source package, and follow the below steps from the
root folder of the heron code base.  Note that currently Bazel 3.7.2 is
required to build this version and approximate build time is 45 minutes.
# check that Bazel and other dependencies are setup correctly

./bazel_configure.py

To build an install script for your desired platform (debian, and centos
are supported for this release) you may run the following command.
for Debian10
$ bazel build --config=debian_nostyle scripts/packages:binpkgs
for CentOS7
$ bazel build --config=centos_nostyle scripts/packages:binpkgs

To execute and install Heron from an install script you can follow the
steps below:

$ chmod +x heron-install-0.20.4-incubating-{distro}.sh
$ ./heron-install-0.20.4-incubating-{distro}.sh --user

From here you should find disclaimers and other files in your ~/.heron
directory.

ls ~/.heron/

DISCLAIMER    NOTICE        conf/         etc/          include/
release.yaml

LICENSE       bin/          dist/         examples/     lib/

or refer to the compiling guide
https://heron.incubator.apache.org/docs/next/compiling-overview/
to setup the environment, build and run locally.

 After Bazel is set up and works correctly, you can use these release check
scripts as well.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/blob/master/scripts/release_check/README.md#run-individual-release-checks
to verify the build.  The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until
the necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thank you,

The Apache Heron (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.4-incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Kevin & Ming,

I appreciate you both stepping up to help with mentoring.  I'll move this
vote to general@ here in a bit.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Great! A new release!

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.