Posted to announce@apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2016/03/18 19:52:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.7.1 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.7.1.

This is the first release of Avatica as a "standalone" project from the
rest of the Calcite project. This release is an exciting milestone for
Avatica as it increases the frequency and reduces the complexity for
future releases. This release includes ~30 resolved JIRA issues from 3
contributors.

See our downloads page for information on how to start using this
version of Avatica.

   http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/

If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.7.1/

You can read more about the release (including release notes) here:

   http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/news/2016/03/18/release-1.7.1/

This release also contains a change to increase the version of the Jetty
dependency to a version which is not affected by CVE-2015-2080. Users
are strongly suggested to update to this version of Avatica, or manually
override the Jetty dependency to a version which is not affected. Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.7.0, and all versions since 1.1.0-incubating, should
not be used for this reason.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:

    http://calcite.apache.org/
    http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Josh Elser, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team