Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/22 06:10:40 UTC

Re: Using Hibernate in an Apache Project

Hi,

We have some uncommitted code related to Apache Sandesha project that uses
Hibernate. We can commit them to the the Sandesha2 SVN if this has been
solved.

Has the license issue been resolved now ?

Thank you,
Chamikara

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:44 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Cliff
>
> What if we offer the hibernate objects as one option with equivalent
> function available to non-hibernate users?
>
> (However, if we go to the effort of building a non-hibernate option we
> may not bother with the Hibernate option)

Exactly. My preference would be to say that if we can't release the
hibernate plugin from Apache we move that bit of code elsewhere and
release that separately. Its not a huge big deal .. but of course it'll
be much nicer to be able to give all the code from ASF and let users
download their own hibernate jar.

Sanjiva.

Re: Using Hibernate in an Apache Project

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Cliff

What if we offer the hibernate objects as one option with equivalent
function available to non-hibernate users?

(However, if we go to the effort of building a non-hibernate option we may
not bother with the Hibernate option)

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Using Hibernate in an Apache Project

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Cliff

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Cliff