Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Arinee Cheewakriengkrai <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/23 17:10:07 UTC

Error when running just an example: SimpleTransform

Dir Sir or Madam,

I am a novice of xalan_1_2, I use xerces-3.0.1 and I also include your xerces.jar attached with your xalan into my classpath. After rebooting my PC, I try to recompile and run your example and try to use the commandline. Compiling was sucess but running exhibits the error as follow.

C:\xalan_1_2\samples\SimpleTransform>java SimpleTransform
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.framew
ork.XMLParser: method initHandlers(ZLorg/apache/xerces/framework/XMLDocumentHand
ler;Lorg/apache/xerces/framework/XMLDocumentHandler$DTDHandler;)V not found
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.<init>(DTM.java:282)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:197)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngin
eImpl.java:838)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java, Com
piled Code)
        at SimpleTransform.main(SimpleTransform.java:81)

Could you help me solve this problem? I am very interesting to using your xalan.

Best Regards,
Arinee Cheewakriengkrai