Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vesa Paatero <Ve...@biolinscientific.com> on 2011/08/29 09:41:37 UTC

Branching with externals

Hi,

I tried to use branching and switching in a project including external files and directories but the behavior turned out buggy/problematic in such a way that I'm wondering if I can use branches in a project with externals at all. However, I didn't see any related issues in the bug tracker. Any comments?

Thanks,
Vesa

RE: Branching with externals

Posted by Vesa Paatero <Ve...@biolinscientific.com>.
> > I tried to use branching and switching in a project including external files and directories but the behavior turned out buggy/problematic

> How so?

I got tree conflict errors whose cause were traceable to the externals. Seemingly, SVN tried to put the externals to the branch and failed either in creating the branch or in switching to the branch.

My version of SVN is 1.6.12 and I'm using the TortoiseSVN client.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.