Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mkrivan <mi...@krivan.hu> on 2013/12/19 09:21:44 UTC

Re: searching for a Rich text editor

The last 3 days I have tried all of the mentioned RTE but I had some trouble
with each, I would like to share my experiences.

I am using apache-wicket (version 1.5.10 currently in maven project) for 2
years and I like it so much but sometimes when I want to add a new component
I fail with it.

Visural-wicket: easy to work with it, nice looking, but in IE 8 when the
edit area extends, it overlaps the bottom area and looks quite bad, I have
not found hungarian localization

TinyMCE: easy to work with it, nice looking, hungarian translations are
there, but the popup windows resizes too small in Chrome and IE 8 only
Firefox keeps the popup window size properly, the others alwasy have to
resize with mouse

Kendo UI: extremely nice on demo page, but I can not work with it at all, it
includes javascript resources even if I included the resources on top of
page, I do not know how can I disable the unwanted extra resource loading at
page head

I would really appreciate if anybody could suggest something in any RTE
modules. Thx.

Re: searching for a Rich text editor

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You are right, this is a wicket 6 feature...
However, I have ported the mechanism into the wicket 1.5 version; just
replace this.setJavaScriptLibrarySettings(settings); by
ApplicationJavaScriptLibrarySettings.set(settings);

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For the Kendo UI one, the way to include resource is explained here:
https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui/wiki/%5Bhowto%5D-change-resources-references

Best regards,
Sebastien.