Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/11/09 09:05:48 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade Problems

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:44, Dayne wrote:
> I was using 1.3.29 for about 2 months and everything was working
> fine.  However, today I upgraded my firmware for my router and now
> when I try to go to my server (www.phlipit.com), it just brings me to
> my Router Settings Page (192.168.1.1) and it brings other people to a
> plain white screen.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?  I tried contacting Linksys but
> they said they can't help me with "third party software".
>
> Sincerely,
> Dayne Kaufman
> dayne517@aol.com

Dayne,

If you put 192.168.1.1 in your browser can you access your router's
configuration? You may have lost your port assignements.

Check to see if your router is still configured to port map your port 80
to you're ip address of your web server.

This seems to be a Linksys problem not an Apache problem...

Chris Lewis

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Chris Lewis - Upgrade Problems

Posted by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca>.
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 11:54, Dayne wrote:
> Yes, 192.168.1.1 brings me to my router settings.
>
> I typed in port 80 to forward to 192.168.1.2 (my address on my router).
>     Is that not where it should be directed to?
>
> -Dayne

Dayne,

If your web server is using the ip address 192.168.1.2 then this would
be correct.

I do not understand why you would get your router settings by using your
domain name, nor do I understand why other users get a white page.

Have you tried putting 192.168.1.2 in your browser ... does this access
your web server? Do you have another machine locally that you can
confirm that your web server is still ok?

I would be inclined to take the router out and see if the problem goes
away ... at least you would know if it was the router that is a problem.
Then you might get better help from Linksys.

Upgrading the rom on your router should not affect your Apache other
than to not route traffic to it - where the fault lies in the router not
the Apache.

Chris.

[users@httpd] Re: Chris Lewis - Upgrade Problems

Posted by Dayne <da...@aol.com>.