Posted to announce@apache.org by Damian Guy <da...@apache.org> on 2017/09/13 11:36:17 UTC

[ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.1 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
Kafka 0.11.0.1. This is a bug fix release that fixes 51 issues in 0.11.0.0.

All of the changes in this release can be found in the release notes:
*https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.11.0.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html>
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.11.0.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.10.2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html>.>

Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform with four four core APIs:

** The Producer API allows an application to publish a stream records to
one or more Kafka topics.

** The Consumer API allows an application to subscribe to one or more
topics and process the stream of records produced to them.

** The Streams API allows an application to act as a stream processor,
consuming an input stream from one or more topics and producing an output
stream to one or more output topics, effectively transforming the input
streams to output streams.

** The Connector API allows building and running reusable producers or
consumers that connect Kafka topics to existing applications or data
systems. For example, a connector to a relational database might capture
every change to a table.three key capabilities:

With these APIs, Kafka can be used for two broad classes of application:

** Building real-time streaming data pipelines that reliably get data
between systems or applications.

** Building real-time streaming applications that transform or react to the
streams of data.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.1/k
afka-0.11.0.1-src.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.2.1/kafka-0.10.2.1-src.tgz>

and binary releases from
*https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.1/
kafka_2.11-0.11.0.1.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0.tgz>
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.1/
kafka_2.11-0.11.0.1.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0.tgz>
>*

*https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.1/
kafka_2.12-0.11.0.1.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.12-0.11.0.0.tgz>
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.1/
kafka_2.12-0.11.0.1.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.12-0.11.0.0.tgz>
>*

A big thank you for the following 33 contributors to this release!

Apurva Mehta, Bill Bejeck, Colin P. Mccabe, Damian Guy, Derrick Or, Dong
Lin, dongeforever, Eno Thereska, Ewen Cheslack-Postava, Gregor Uhlenheuer,
Guozhang Wang, Hooman Broujerdi, huxihx, Ismael Juma, Jan Burkhardt, Jason
Gustafson, Jeff Klukas, Jiangjie Qin, Joel Dice, Konstantine Karantasis,
Manikumar Reddy, Matthias J. Sax, Max Zheng, Paolo Patierno, ppatierno,
radzish, Rajini Sivaram, Randall Hauch, Robin Moffatt, Stephane Roset,
umesh chaudhary, Vahid Hashemian, Xavier Léauté

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,
Damian

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.1 Released

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Using a downstream project, I verified that artifacts for 0.11.0.1 can be
pulled down.

Thanks

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
AFAICT they are there

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Damian:

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <ra...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for driving the release Damian.

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <ra...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.1 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang