Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/03 15:10:21 UTC

Re: removing deprecated stuff

--- Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org> wrote:
> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>
>

> > I suggested something along those lines (I used -old, but I like
> > -legacy better) myself.  Throw a BuildException on deprecated features
> > and revert to printing annoying warnings if the switch has been
> > specified.
>
> +1 to include -legacy flag
>
> +1 on throwing BuildException when -legacy is not used.

How does this move us toward being able to remove deprecated stuff?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

Re: removing deprecated stuff

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How does this move us toward being able to remove deprecated stuff?

It doesn't.

It is an escalation of the deprecation warnings that may lead more
people to upgrading their build files (not Ant itself as an older
version of Ant won't have the -legacy switch, obviously).

Stefan