Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hampus Wingren <ha...@bredband.net> on 2011/03/15 20:41:46 UTC

Is it possible to provide some way of specifying your own javax.faces.ViewState param?

Hi,

I´m trying to write a really lightweight portal implementation based on
JSF and one thing that´s quite limiting is that you can´t specify more
than one view state. Wouldn´t it be possible to work around this issue
by having a context-param which states the ViewState-id?

I´m writing the portal as a separate war-module and the portlet
applications are deployed as seperate war-modules so they are not
sharing context and should therefore be able to specify different view
states.

I can work around this issue by not letting the portal handle any
postback requests but it seems like an easy thing to do?

Great implementation BTW

Regards,
Hampus