Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/01/19 22:40:56 UTC

Problems when both a billing account and a cc are selected as payment options

I think there is still a problem when, during order checkout, you select
a billing account (with a credit available that cannot completely cover
the order grand total) AND a cc (for the remaining amount) as payment
methods.

In fact, when the order is created, the full order amount is
*authorized* from the credit card.
When the order is invoiced, the correct amount is captured from the
credit card, and the correct amount is 'taken' from the billing account
(creating a PaymentApplication record with invoiceId and
billingAccountId set); however the same amount from the credit card
remains as authorized.

Any hints on how we could fix this?

Jacopo

Re: Problems when both a billing account and a cc are selected as payment options

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 19, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> I think there is still a problem when, during order checkout, you
> select a billing account (with a credit available that cannot
> completely cover
> the order grand total) AND a cc (for the remaining amount) as payment
> methods.
>
> In fact, when the order is created, the full order amount is
> *authorized* from the credit card.

This sounds like bug #1. Only the amount associated with the credit
card should be authorized.

> When the order is invoiced, the correct amount is captured from the
> credit card, and the correct amount is 'taken' from the billing
> account
> (creating a PaymentApplication record with invoiceId and
> billingAccountId set); however the same amount from the credit card
> remains as authorized.

Are you saying that the total for the order is authorized AND
captured when the capture goes through on invoicing? If so, that's a
BIG bug. If not, we still have a bug with a bad auth amount and in
some cases that will cause big problems and order failures, and even
in minor cases it's against credit card company policy to auth more
than the customer allocated to the card and a company could get into
big trouble for it.

If it is only the authorization amount that is incorrect then that
should be changed when the auth is first done. I haven't looked at
the code to see why this might be happening, but if it is working for
the capture then the same calculation code can be used for the auth,
and in fact to make this more stable we might want to have it
literally be calling the same method, ie shared among the various
services. Again I haven't looked at the code so there are just
meanderings of the mind...

-David