Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Salvatore Panto <sa...@desy.de> on 2006/03/10 09:46:50 UTC

mod_jk 1.2.15 for apache 2.0.54

hi,

yesterday I posted a question regarding the compilation of mod_jk
1.2.15. Sorry if it was a  silly question but I am only a tomcat user
not really an expert, so I'd like to repeat my question.

I try to compile the sources of mod_jk 1.2.15 but always get this error

libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mod_jk.so'
Current working directory
/home/apache/install/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native/apache-2.0
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

I suppose it's due to a bug in the configured make file.

Someone suggested to use the binaries located at

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/solaris/jk-1.2.15/

The only binary file I found there is
mod_jk-1.2.15-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.33.so

so I suppose it was compiled with an apache 1.3 version.

As I'm using apache 2.0.54, does this binary work also with my apache
version?

Otherwise, does anyone know where to get a binary for apache 2.0.54 or
how to edit the make file so to make it work?

Thank you
Salvo

Re: mod_jk 1.2.15 for apache 2.0.54

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Salvatore Panto wrote:
> hi,
>
> yesterday I posted a question regarding the compilation of mod_jk
> 1.2.15. Sorry if it was a  silly question but I am only a tomcat user
> not really an expert, so I'd like to repeat my question.
>
> I try to compile the sources of mod_jk 1.2.15 but always get this error
>
> libtool: install: you must specify a destination
> Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mod_jk.so'
> Current working directory
> /home/apache/install/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native/apache-2.0

I suppose you are not using GNU make with Solaris 8.
Anyhow, post your apache-2.0/Makefile.

Regards,
Mladen.