Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/07 19:29:36 UTC

catalina.policy (MBeanServer permission)

Gentlemen-

I have a catalina.policy file which is over 100 lines long-
Thats *ok* but everytime I want to run one class I have to add another RuntimePermission for the accompanying jar..Same for DB access and any I/O

The most insidious line is the one that details permissions for MBeanServer
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/-"
{
 permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getenv.CATALINA_HOME";
 permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "setenv.CATALINA_HOME";
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "javax.management.MBeanServer", "read,write";
  permission javax.management.MBeanServerPermission "*";
};
as you can see I want 2 operations for MBeanServer <read and write>
If I place either of these in the last parameter then axis errors out ungracefully
The first parameter i specify is * (for all MBeanServer operations) which includes the following permissions-
createMBeanServer
findMbeanServer
newMBeanServer
releaseMBeanServer

The second parameter specifies actions which must be null (say what..since when is NULL valid??)
Maybe I live in the bizarro world but should'nt we specify a non-null value for the second parameter such as read/write

Any clues on this issue or should I ping the engineers at Sun?

Thanks
Martin --