Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gbrits <gb...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/07 16:24:12 UTC

PageRenderLinkTransformer: transforming link to seo-friendly version (with no pagename in url)

So here's the thing: I've got a url:

host/pagename/seo-friendly-stuff/id

I'd like to transform this url (using
PageRenderLinkTransformer.transformPageRenderLink) to:

host/seo-friendly-stuff/pagename-id

However, trying this I get the error: "Unable to resolve
'seo-friendly-stuff' to a known page name."
Now, I get the problem: Tapestry checks if the page "seo-friendly-stuff"
exists. However, I don't want this check performed: I'll translate the
seo-friendly url back in PageRenderLinkTransformer.decodePageRenderRequest.

So is there any way to disable checking if the page exists, so I can
implement this (not that uncommon) use-case?

Tia,

Geert-Jan

Re: PageRenderLinkTransformer: transforming link to seo-friendly version (with no pagename in url)

Posted by gbrits <gb...@gmail.com>.
OK got myself on the wrong track:
I thought I needed to create a new Link using
Link l =
this.pageRenderLinkSource.createPageRenderLink("seofriendly-stuff");

but the following works:
public Link transformPageRenderLink(Link
defaultLink,PageRenderRequestParameters parameters) {
  return defaultlink.copyWithBasePath("/seofriendly-stuff/pagename-id");
}