Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2018/05/01 22:31:34 UTC

GitHub releases section used for non-releases

Hello,

I have just had a look at https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases
and it seems like the releases section is being used for other purposes
than MXNet releases (e.g.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/utils). This causes
MXNet 1.1.0 to not be shown as "Latest release" and results in confusion.

In general, I don't really understand the purpose of utility releases and
why they are being done under the main repository. Could somebody elaborate
and provide some insight? I haven't found any communication on dev@ about
this.

Best regards,
Marco

Re: GitHub releases section used for non-releases

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com>.
I see, seems like this slipped through in my review. Sorry for that!

Would anybody object to putting things like these in our S3 bucket?

Posted by shiwen hu <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.
Wincing at a binary of 7z being there. Seems like something to delete.