Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by mail list <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 05:43:05 UTC

What the option ha.health-monitor.rpc-timeout.ms really means?

hi, all

I am using the name node HA feature(zkfc), and there is a configuration:  ha.health-monitor.rpc-timeout.ms,
There are two situation:
1. Active name node is down
if the zkfc will wait ha.health-monitor.rpc-timeout.ms, then call the failover ? Or not wait?

2. Active name node is too busy
if the zkfc will wait ha.health-monitor.rpc-timeout.ms, then call the failover ? Or not wait?

I am new to Hadoop and RPC, can anyone answer me ? any idea will be appreciated !