Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric J Kaplan <er...@armanta.com> on 2007/09/13 17:58:51 UTC

web start running twice?

Sorry if this was posted twice, I wasn't sure if my first send went through
(maybe this is what's happening with Tomcat for me. :-))

  _____

I'm a bit confused. I have a web start application that works as follows:

I generate an Outlook email with HTML containing a hyperlink to a jsp page
as follows:

http://localhost:8080/armanta-run-report/run-report.jsp?rptid=550
<http://localhost:8080/armanta-run-report/run-report.jsp?rptid=550&rptname=2
%20FUND%201%20DAY&rptsessionid=null>
&rptname=2%20FUND%201%20DAY&rptsessionid=null

The code for the jsp page is as follows (much thanks to Nicholas Sushkin for
his help on this):

<jsp:root

 xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"

 xmlns:req="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/request-1.0"

 xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" version="1.2">

  <jsp:directive.page

     contentType="application/x-java-jnlp-file"/>

  <jsp:scriptlet>

        String requestPath = request.getRequestURL().toString();

        requestPath =

           (requestPath == null)

           ? ""

           : requestPath.substring(0, requestPath.lastIndexOf('/'));

        response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "public");

  </jsp:scriptlet>

  <jsp:element name="jnlp">

    <jsp:attribute name="spec">1.0+</jsp:attribute>

    <jsp:attribute name="codebase">

      <jsp:expression>requestPath</jsp:expression>

    </jsp:attribute>

    <information>

      <title>Armanta Report Runner</title>

      <vendor>Armanta, Inc.</vendor>

      <description>Run a Report</description>

   </information>

   <resources>

      <j2se version="1.4+" />

      <jar href="armanta-war.jar" main="true" />

   </resources>

    <application-desc

        main-class="com.armanta.comm.LocalSocketWriter">

      <argument>${param.rptid}</argument>

      <argument>${param.rptname}</argument>

      <argument>${param.rptsessionid}</argument>

    </application-desc>

</jsp:element>

</jsp:root>

This then builds and executes a jnlp page on the fly with the arguments
passed in from the original URL being passes as arguments to my main class.

It works really well. Perhaps too well!!! I find that Tomcat is running
something twice such that my code is running twice, as if I clicked on the
link twice. I see my web start splash screen twice.

Strange thing is, it doesn't always happen! It was happening before, but now
it's not, and I'm sure in a little while it will happen again. Has anyone
seen something like this? What would be the best way for me to debug this
(tools?).

Regards

Eric

RE: web start running twice?

Posted by Eric J Kaplan <er...@armanta.com>.
Looks like my hyperlink got messed up in my post somehow. It's actually:

http://localhost:8080/armanta-run-report/run-report.jsp?rptid=551&rptname=2%
20FUND%201%20DAY&rptsessionid=null

Sorry about that