Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 19:40:41 UTC

Search for a mask that matches the requested string

(Please make sure you reply to my address because I didn't subscribe to
this mailing list)

I'm using Solr 4.6

I need to store string masks in Solr. By masks, I mean strings that can
match other strings.

Then I need to search for masks that match the string I'm providing in my
query. For example, assume the following single-field document stored in
Solr:

{
    "fieldA": "__A__"
}

I need to be able to find this document if I query the fieldA field with a
string like *12A34*, as the underscore "*_*" matches a single string. The
single string matching mechanism is my strict goal here, multiple string
matching won't be helpful.

I hope I was clear enough. Please elaborate because I'm not versatile with
solr and I haven't been using it for too long.
Thank you.

*---------------------*
*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana

Re: Search for a mask that matches the requested string

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
No, neither Lucene nor Solr provide a "mask match" feature. You could write
custom code to emulate such a feature. Elasticsearch appears to have done
that with its "percolate" feature:

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-percolate.html

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi, I'm the author of luwak.  I have a half-finished version sitting in a branch somewhere that pulls all the intervals-fork-specific code out of the library and would run with 4.6.  It would need to be integrated into Solr as well, but I have an upcoming project which may well do just that.  Feel free to ping me directly!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.