Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> on 2016/11/21 18:13:12 UTC

Screen sharing 0.9.10 - JSON

Hi,
I’ve updated to 0.9.10 but I can’t get the screen sharing menu to appear on the user’s session window.
I’ve added this additional value to the connection JSON:
“sharing_profile_name" "12345"
But I’m unsure what other parameters are needed. Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Adrian

Re: Screen sharing 0.9.10 - JSON

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Adrian,

> I’ve updated to 0.9.10 but I can’t get the screen sharing menu to appear
> on the user’s session window.
>
> I’ve added this additional value to the connection JSON:
>
> “sharing_profile_name" "12345"

For context (I doubt many know of the JSON authentication you refer to),
the JSON auth is a third-party extension which can be found here:

https://github.com/glyptodon/guacamole-auth-json/

But I’m unsure what other parameters are needed. Can anyone help?

The features necessary for screen sharing are only currently implemented in
the database authentication backend. That JSON auth extension implements
User and Connection objects, but does not yet implement the following
prerequisites of support for screen sharing:

1) Tracking of active connections.
2) Sharing profiles.

What you describe is certainly doable, as the database auth does it, but
it's simply not yet implemented in that extension.

Thanks,

- Mike