Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/05/04 21:23:38 UTC

collecting download statistics

It is apparently quite easy to collect download statistics, indirectly,
setting up our download page to count clicks on the download link.
There is a currently "free" service from google which will do the work
for you, and also measure paths from search engines (not just theirs) to
your site, how people navigate thru the site, etc.

See http://www.google.com/analytics.

Do people think we should sign up for this, and does anyone want to do
the work?

-Marshall

Re: collecting download statistics

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Marshall Schor wrote:
>> It is apparently quite easy to collect download statistics,
>> indirectly, setting up our download page to count clicks on the
>> download link.  There is a currently "free" service from google which
>> will do the work for you, and also measure paths from search engines
>> (not just theirs) to your site, how people navigate thru the site, etc.
>>
>> See http://www.google.com/analytics.
>>
>> Do people think we should sign up for this, and does anyone want to
>> do the work?
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
> Vadim has perl scripts etc. he runs to extract this info from web logs
> (see
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/index.html
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/faq.html
> I've written to him to see if he will add UIMA to his list.
> -Marshall

He replied that he won't, until UIMA graduates to a TLP.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.