Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2007/05/01 15:22:37 UTC

Some JCR links for reference

JackRabbit docs: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/index.html

Some good articles (more are linked from JackRabbit):

  Introducing the Java Content Repository API
  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jcr/

  What is Java Content Repository
  http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/10/04/what-is-java-content-reposit
ory.html

  Advanced Java Content Repository API
  http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/11/08/advanced-java-content-reposi
tory.html

As an aside, a reminder that the MIME type of a message is message/rfc822
(or message/news for USENET).  This would be for the MIME type of the
nt:resource.

	--- Noel

Re: Some JCR links for reference

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
I did some experiments in past (few months ago) to use JCR (in specific
JackRabbit) as a mail repository for JAMES.

At that time my main blocking issues have been:
1) Bad/Missing support for content streaming
2) Problematic transaction handling

Well, the 2nd was not a real problem as we don't support transactions in
JAMES server currently, but the first is real.
Do you know if any progress has been made on streaming?

Another issue to take into consideration is the asynchronous support of
a "next generation" backend:
The rationale is that we may need to handle MANY, BIG, incoming/outgoing
messages, streaming them in an asynchronous way, without using 1 thread
for each conversation.

Is there anything JCR can do for us, here?

Stefano