Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jo...@aol.com on 2000/06/17 01:09:03 UTC

Apache::Session and pnotes (again)

Hello, I'm consistently unable to store my Apache::Session
in pnotes and retrieve it in subsequent handlers. Some of you
may remember me complaining about this before. Luckily, I've
had other things I could be doing.

The Session IS retrievable in the same handler, but not
in the Mason Handler.

package MyPerlAccessHandler;

sub handler {
  my $r = shift;
  $s = &Func_that_returns_a_valid_Apache_Session_hash_ref;
  $test = { 'test' => 'hashref', 'for' => 'comparison' };
  $r->pnotes("session", $s);
  $r->pnotes("test",    $test);
}

packache HTML::Mason;

sub handler {
  my $r = shift;
  my $SESSION = $r->pnotes("session");
  my $TEST    = $r->pnotes("test");

At this point, mentioning session results in "Use of
uninitialized value..."
$TEST works as one might expect and is a friendly hash ref.

What am I missing?

My configuration---
1.51 Apache::Session
1.24 mod_perl