Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2003/08/27 23:46:03 UTC

Is there a call to check if cookies are enabled?

Hello:

HttpServletResponse.encodeURL() has to know if cookies are enabled
or not.  Is there an API call to check that?

I looked thru the APIs and found nothing.  Searching the web and
mailing list was also fruitless.

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

RE: Is there a call to check if cookies are enabled?

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
   Cookie[] cookies = request.getCookies();

will do the trick for you:).

Note: Tomcat checks for cookie on its first response.  That's why when you
restart tomcat for the first time, you can see the jsessionid *mysteriously*
appears in the URL.