Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com> on 2012/12/24 08:05:02 UTC

Importing existing vhd's into a new cloudstack?

My cloudstack has gotten in to a terrible state.  It seems that nothing is reachable, all my hypervisors have been kicked out of the cloudstack pool (all the hv's are in an alert state and won't reconnect) they try to reconnect, but simply say (whatever resource) is unavailable.  (storage, hv's, etc)  Everything is actually available and healthy.

My question is, is it possible to take the vhds that are on my primary storage, and re-import them in to a new cloudstack install?  Or is it possible to stand-up a new install and point it to my existing primary storage and somehow get it to recognize the vhds?  This isn't the first time my install has gotten in to a funky state similar to this so It'd be nice if I could just start fresh.

Thanks,
Caleb

Re: Importing existing vhd's into a new cloudstack?

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can take your VHD's and import later as templates. Then you can create
a new vm from each template.

thx.