Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/17 22:51:09 UTC

About dbloader

How long does it usually take for scale of 500?

When I use a scale of 500, it seems to take a really long time. So far, the only output I see is "Done clearing database tables". I was wondering if it just takes a long time or the dbloader is stuck on my end.

Thanks,
Harold

Re: About dbloader

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <sh...@gmail.com>.
Not really. The new dbloader is pretty fast - it should just take minutes to
populate. Unless of course you're bottlenecking on a single disk or don't
have enough CPU. Check your resource utilizations during the load.
Another tip: Backup your db. This way, you can more quickly restore it.

Shanti

Re: About dbloader

Posted by hao zhang <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: About dbloader