Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shaik Nizamuddin <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/13 18:34:19 UTC

join on two txt files data using apache lucene

Hi Mike,

I have a use case .

I have 2 .txt files containg 10 millions of record (please find an
attached screen shot). i want to do inner join using apache lucene.
there is relationship BE_GEO_ID and Partner_ID. i want to  one single
file.please reply asap.

Regards
Nizamuddin

Re: join on two txt files data using apache lucene

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Looks like your screenshot didn't make it, but never mind: I'm sure we all
know what text files look like.

A join on two ID fields sounds more like SQL database territory rather than
lucene.  Lucene is not an SQL database.  But I typed "lucene join" into a
well known search engine and the top hit was
http://lucene.apache.org/core/6_5_1/join/org/apache/lucene/search/join/package-summary.html
.

--
Ian.