Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/02/08 23:31:24 UTC

Re: Please dont write HTML mails, write in plain text !!!

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:00:09 -0500 (EST), Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Thomas Viohl wrote:
>
> > My mailbox is exploding.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> +1 from here, especially in light of the javascript mail bugs that people
> have "discovered" recently (like no one couldn't see that coming). i
> wonder if we could filter out text/html at the server level?

It should be possible. MulberryTech's XSLT list for example doesn't accept
messages that have attachments and HTML messages are essentially attachments to
the normal mail message.

However I had troubles in the past identifying who are the people responsible
for mailing lists management. Anybody knows this?

Ovidiu

wbmp with mod_jk

Posted by Marc Leblanc <ma...@nomadlogic.com>.
Hi
we recently switch to mod_jk and the wbmp image dont show anymore

with mod_jserv all was fine anyone have hint ?

i check all my mime types and all is ok

Marc Leblanc

Re: Please dont write HTML mails, write in plain text !!!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:00:09 -0500 (EST), Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Thomas Viohl wrote:
> >
> > > My mailbox is exploding.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> >
> > +1 from here, especially in light of the javascript mail bugs that people
> > have "discovered" recently (like no one couldn't see that coming). i
> > wonder if we could filter out text/html at the server level?
>
> It should be possible. MulberryTech's XSLT list for example doesn't accept
> messages that have attachments and HTML messages are essentially attachments to
> the normal mail message.
>
> However I had troubles in the past identifying who are the people
> responsible for mailing lists management. Anybody knows this?

yeah, i sent off a query. not changing policy yet, just checking to see
what's possible.

- donald