Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be> on 2017/06/08 21:15:11 UTC

Kafka proxy with NiFi

Hi List,

Is it possible to build a Kafka proxy with NiFi such that NiFi will
expose a Kafka endpoint and proxy all Kafka messages to another Kafka
endpoint?

Re: Kafka proxy with NiFi

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
Hi,

I assume by endpoint you suggest to expose the broker side of the kafka
API? As far as I know it is not possible.

However you could use the site2site API or other supported reliable
protocols (http, beats, relp, etc) to feed data to NiFi and from there feed
kafka.

How this fits into your environment will largely depend on data volumes and
kafka acknowledgement strategy.