Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br> on 2004/04/06 00:02:38 UTC

Re: [DBCP] PoolManager + JTA simple implementation for local transactions

> Jakarta-
Commons is probably the best place for it but lets see if
> there is a community for it, getting the geronumo guys on bo
ard would
> be a plus.

Hey Dirk, I realized that I didn't have time to write the JCA
implementation by myself then in a few days :-( so by now
I'll use Geronimo implementation. I already catched
somethings and right now I'm talking to them.

They developed the JTA and JCA implementation, but other
parts, like JDBC adapter, are in the OpenEJB project.

I think will be great to have a JTA implementation for local
transactions, and an efficient JCA implementation managing
pools. If we achieve correctness and simplicity we could
offer _a refence implementation_ of these specs.

I like JTA/JCA/(JINI) enough to commit some of my spare time
on it. But I don't like the _one man show_ so I don't want to
work alone on it, at least not under ASF umbrella.

regards,
hammett

---
AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!