Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by julie gautier <ju...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/02/12 15:37:15 UTC

Problem with MaxBackupIndex

Hi,
  Here is my log4j.properties file content :

  log4j.rootLogger=OFF,
log4j.logger.com.foo=DEBUG, stdout, R

  log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss} (%F:%L) - %m%n

  log4j.appender.R.File=C:\\myfile.log
  log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=1000KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss} (%F:%L) - %m%n

  The problem is only one file is kept in backup instead of 5 as expected (myfile.log, myfile.log.1, myfile.log.2, ...).
  Once the myfile.log reached 1000KB, it clears itself and restart to 0 KB.
  Why ? It used to work but I can't see what the problem is now. I passed from Tomcat 5.0 to Tomcat 5.5, could it be related ?
  Thanks for helping !