Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org> on 2006/07/25 07:34:08 UTC

mavenized examples

Hi All,

For cayenne-petstore to compile you must perform the following mvn
command from within the cayenne-petstore/lib directory.

mvn install:install-file -DartifactId=beanaction -Dfile=./
beanaction.jar -DgroupId=beanaction -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=1.0

I left this file in the lib but it would be good to remove the
dependency. This code is GPL and has its last 'new release' in 1999
on the project website. :-)

 From the cayenne/main/trunk directory run 'mvn -N install' to get
the root pom into your local repo.

Then a 'mvn install' from the examples directory should build
everything and install it into your local repo.

I made a pre-mavenized tag here;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/examples/tags/pre-
mavenization/

in case something goes horribly wrong.

I ran and tested all the examples except for the 3t examples. Please
let me know if you have any problems with anything.

Next up comes the much bigger task of mavenization of the core code.

I'll get started on that @ oscon later this week.

TTFN,

-bd-