Posted to user@flume.apache.org by dl...@sina.com on 2012/12/18 11:29:17 UTC

The error about hbase-sink

 Hello,every one:
	Unfortunately, I encountered trouble,but I think it may be easy.I use the hbase as a sink,but it cannot write data to hbase,I see the source,and find that the payloadColumn must be not null.I feel very surprise,because in hbase-sink of flume doc I can not find any one about payloadColumn,then it must be null, that I cannot write data to hbase,why is it?

Re: The error about hbase-sink

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
can you share your flume config ?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flume/trunk/flume-ng-sinks/flume-ng-hbase-sink/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/sink/hbase/SimpleAsyncHbaseEventSerializer.java

here it states " <tt>payloadColumn:</tt> Which column to put payload in. If
it is not present,

 * event data will not be written.<p>"

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: The error about hbase-sink

Posted by Alexander Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!

cheers
- Alex

On Dec 18, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> here it is Alex
>
> FLUME-1792 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1792>
>

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Alexander Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hbasesinks
>>
>> and
>> http://mapredit.blogspot.de/2012/06/apache-flume-12x-and-hbase.html
>>
>> If you haven't a payload column no data will be written. I guess thats in
>> the source described too (SimpleAsyncHbaseEventSerializer.java) but missed
>> in the docs. Could you please file a jira about the missing explanation?
>>
>> - Alex
>>
>> On Dec 18, 2012, at 11:29 AM, dlz456119@sina.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,every one:
>>>      Unfortunately, I encountered trouble,but I think it may be easy.I
>> use the hbase as a sink,but it cannot write data to hbase,I see the
>> source,and find that the payloadColumn must be not null.I feel very
>> surprise,because in hbase-sink of flume doc I can not find any one about
>> payloadColumn,then it must be null, that I cannot write data to hbase,why
>> is it?
>>

> --
> Nitin Pawar

RE: The error about hbase-sink

Posted by sh...@accenture.com.
Hi,

I have a weird problem.

I have two aws instances.

When I go to flumeconfig.jsp page, on the drop down I see one node as public ip and another as private ip. For both, I want to change to ip-xx-xx-xx-xxx.ec2.internal. Is it possible? Please help
I am in a fix

[cid:image001.png@01CDDD49.58BACA40]

Thanks and Regards,
Shouvanik Haldar | Cloud SME Pool | Mobile:+91-9830017568

On Dec 18, 2012, at 11:29 AM, dlz456119@sina.com<ma...@sina.com> wrote:

> Hello,every one:
>       Unfortunately, I encountered trouble,but I think it may be easy.I use the hbase as a sink,but it cannot write data to hbase,I see the source,and find that the payloadColumn must be not null.I feel very surprise,because in hbase-sink of flume doc I can not find any one about payloadColumn,then it must be null, that I cannot write data to hbase,why is it?

--
Nitin Pawar

________________________________
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

Re: The error about hbase-sink

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
here it is Alex