Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> on 2023/06/30 13:12:41 UTC

release branches strings and notes :-)

Hello world :-)

On 12.2.0-RC0 I noticed some stuff that it may be good to discuss :-)

* Question: Shouldn't 12.2.0-RC0 contain 12.2.0-RC0 version string (it
is 12.2.0 in the console and 12.2 in the git branch usually RC also
have their own branch)?

* Note: Can we use name branches releases/12.2.0 (currently
releases/12.2) as "12.2.0" != "12.2" plus remark on RC above :-)

* General Question: Is it possible to reverse ReleaseNotes   sorting
order so the latest release notes are on top (not bottom) of the file?
:-)

* Note: ReleaseNotes should keep formatting of a release header
(NuttX-12.2.0\n-----------).

Thanks! :-)
Tomek

Re: release branches strings and notes :-)

Posted by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 30 Jun 2023, 16:35 Tomek CEDRO, <to...@cedro.info> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 3:18 PM Alin Jerpelea wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jun 2023, 16:13 Tomek CEDRO, wrote:
> > > * Question: Shouldn't 12.2.0-RC0 contain 12.2.0-RC0 version string (it
> > > is 12.2.0 in the console and 12.2 in the git branch usually RC also
> > > have their own branch)?
> >
> > the rc release after aproval becomes the release without repackinf
>
> Yes, but its not yet 12.2.0 release, so 12.2.0-RC0 is the only valid
> name here :-)

there are the release tags for the release while the lelease/xx.xx can be
considered the release work branch

> > > * Note: Can we use name branches releases/12.2.0 (currently
> > > releases/12.2) as "12.2.0" != "12.2" plus remark on RC above :-)
> >
> > the release/number is thw main branch from which the tags xx.xx.xx are
> > generated. on a lomg term having multiple branches for each major and
> minor
> > release will be hard to scale and navigate.
>
> 12.2 is not the same as 12.2.0 o_O
>
> It is hard to navigate right now because I am looking for 12.2.0 and
> its not there.. the same with 12.2.0-RC0 :-)
>
> Please lets keep things coherent :)

please use the release tags

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.

Posted by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>.