Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/11/18 11:58:23 UTC

Re: cvs commit: gump/project excalibur.xml

On Thursday 18 November 2004 18:08, bodewig@apache.org wrote:

>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>

This report by Maven is highly strange, since I can't find that Excalibur has
a velocity dependency. And it seems that no change to the excalibur codebase
has happened lately to explain it either.

Anyone got any clue?

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: cvs commit: gump/project excalibur.xml

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 18 November 2004 20:15, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 November 2004 18:08, bodewig@apache.org wrote:
> >>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
> >>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
> >>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
> >
> > This report by Maven is highly strange, since I can't find that
> > Excalibur has a velocity dependency.
>
> In my experience this tends to happen quite often.
>
> commons-xo has been building with a far smaller set of dependencies
> using Ant than the Maven project file required.  Same is true for a
> few other Maven projects I looked into.

Ok. But in this case this dependencies has appeared out of nowhere, since
those excalibur projects used to build in Gump with Maven, and AFAIK no
changes has been made to them... IMHO, quite weird.

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: cvs commit: gump/project excalibur.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2004 18:08, bodewig@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>>   +        <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>
> This report by Maven is highly strange, since I can't find that
> Excalibur has a velocity dependency.

In my experience this tends to happen quite often.

commons-xo has been building with a far smaller set of dependencies
using Ant than the Maven project file required.  Same is true for a
few other Maven projects I looked into.

Stefan