Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net> on 2007/01/23 03:07:34 UTC

Custom Mailet Jars

In the documentation for custom mailets:

http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.0/custom_mailet.html

Under the section titled "Adding Your Mailet to the Classpath", option 1b it
says:

"It will also be necessary to unpack the JavaMail and James jar files from
the provided .sar file and add them to this directory."

What jar files are specifically needed in ${JAMESHOME}/lib?  Thanks.  -- Bud

Re: Custom Mailet Jars

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Sharma, Ashutosh wrote:
> Where is james.jar and mailet.jar???

Unzip james.sar and you will find james.jar and mailet.jar

Stefano

RE: Custom Mailet Jars

Posted by "Sharma, Ashutosh" <As...@gs.com>.
Where is james.jar and mailet.jar???

> In the documentation for custom mailets:
>
> http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.0/custom_mailet.html
>
> Under the section titled "Adding Your Mailet to the Classpath", option
1b it
> says:
>
> "It will also be necessary to unpack the JavaMail and James jar files
from
> the provided .sar file and add them to this directory."
>
> What jar files are specifically needed in ${JAMESHOME}/lib?  Thanks.
-- Bud
I think that information is either incorrect or misleading. I only added

my custom jar's plus the jar's that they depend on and it worked.

You will have to add james.jar and mailet.jar to your BUILD classpath in

order to be able to compile your custom mailets. It's similar to
servlets, where you need servlet.jar to compile them but you don't need
to deploy servlet.jar with your application.

hth,
Michael

RE: Custom Mailet Jars

Posted by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net>.