Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mattmadhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/03 20:18:30 UTC

Custom Plugin adding project dependencies to Plugin classpath

Hello,
I'm writing a custom maven plugin that used google Reflections to generate
some code and xml from the classes in project's output folder. The classes
in the out put folder obviously have dependencies from classes from the
maven project dependencies.

How do I enhance my plugin classpath with the project dependencies? I found
some old posts none of them seem to work.

For instance I cannnot even perform a Class.forname on class thats in the
output folder that has a dependency to another class that is part of the
maven project dependencies.

For instance I would like to enhance my plugin's class path to be
pluginclasspth=pluginclasspath+${project.runtimeClasspathElements}

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Matt

Re: Custom Plugin adding project dependencies to Plugin classpath

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> How do I enhance my plugin classpath with the project dependencies? I found
> some old posts none of them seem to work.

Can you not specify them yourself manually? If the plugin needs them,
it needs to declare that somewhere so Maven can provide them at the
proper time.

Wayne