Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/08/11 15:29:44 UTC

NMR in Karaf installation failure

Hi

i was unable to install nmr in karaf. Hope i dont know whether the url is
wrong. kindly help me out. (Picture Below )

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/n3245912/Guru.jpg

Regards
Guru

Re: NMR in Karaf installation failure

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Freeman,

by the i am actually using Karaf-cellar feature for clustering. This feature
does not work with Fuse/Servicemix . That is why.

Cheers

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is version mismatch issue.

NMR 1.4.0 is based on karaf 2.1.x. The package
org.osgi.service.command isn't in the  karaf 2.2.x anymore.
Btw, if you want to install NMR/JBI feature, why not use Apache
Servicemix directly? These features are installed by default in
Servicemix.
Freeman
On 2011-8-12, at 下午2:22, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> And it worked.
>
> But i cant proceed after that. when i try
>
> karaf@root> features:install nmr
> Error executing command: Could not start bundle
> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.nmr/org.apache.servicemix.nmr.comman
> ds/1.4.0 in feature(s) nmr-1.4.0: Unresolved constraint in bundle
> org.apache.servicemix.nmr.commands [136]: Un
> able to resolve 136.0: missing requirement [136.0] package;
> (&(package=org.osgi.service.command)(version>=0.4.
> 0)(!(version>=1.0.0)))
>
> Is it a version problem ?
>
> Cheers
> Guru

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: NMR in Karaf installation failure

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's in the remote mvn central repo[1].

As I mentioned before, it(pax-url-mvn used by karaf) will check any
maven repos(locally and remotely) defined in $KARAF_HOME/etc/
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg, if the artifacts you try to use not in any
repos, you will see such exception.

[1]http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/karaf/cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.1/

Freeman

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It should be in the path like
org/apache/servicemix/nmr/apache-servicemix-nmr/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/apache-
servicemix-nmr-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT-features.xml
in your local maven repo or the remote snapshot maven repo.

Freeman

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is caused by can't find the apache-servicmeix-nmr 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT
features.xml from any maven repos defined in the $KARAF_HOME/etc/
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg

You can try to install  apache-servicmeix-nmr 1.4.0 features.xml as
it's in the central maven repo.

Freeman