Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Zepernick <pz...@commercebenefitsgroup.com> on 2008/06/18 21:37:20 UTC

Logging For SEVERE: Error filterStart

How do we correctly setup logging in log4j to capture the problem causing the SEVERE: Error filterStart?  We are trying to add in jasper reporting. We dropped in the jar and receive this error when we configured a jasper result.  We have the log4j.properties in the classpath and have the root logger configured to go to the console.   We are seeing other messages from log4j.  Any advice on how I can get the error causing the filter start to better diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Paul Zepernick
Information Technology

The information contained in this transmission contains confidential  information that is legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.

RE: Logging For SEVERE: Error filterStart

Posted by Paul Zepernick <pz...@commercebenefitsgroup.com>.
You're the man!!!!

The package did not extend jasper.  I was not aware of that.  The server starts up fine now. Thanks so much for the help.

As for the plugins, no we are not using them all.  I have to take them out.  We just kind of dumped everything in when we were trying to get Struts 2 going and have not yet removed things that we are not using.

Thanks,

Paul Zepernick

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.