Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 16:24:42 UTC

Error when accessing jetspeed after long uptime

Hello,
	Jetspeed has been coming down after an uptime of a couple days.  It
seems to be related to the db driver, unfortunately I'm using oracle :(.
After some time it will remedy itself, but there is usually about 10
minutes where it is not accessible.  Attached are is the error message
and the output from catalina.out.  Any help would be great!

Brice

Re: Error when accessing jetspeed after long uptime

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Brice Lambi wrote:
> Hello,
> 	Jetspeed has been coming down after an uptime of a couple days.  It
> seems to be related to the db driver, unfortunately I'm using oracle :(.
> After some time it will remedy itself, but there is usually about 10
> minutes where it is not accessible.  Attached are is the error message
> and the output from catalina.out.  Any help would be great!

That doesn't sound good, most likely a network problem
Maybe try putting the Oracle server on the same machine

Do you have a second Oracle database that you can rollover to?
Jetspeed does have Spring replay interceptors for JDBC
see the org.apache.jetspeed.util.interceptors package under the
page-manager component, although this will require Oracle failover
configuration on your part