Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/10/17 19:24:38 UTC

NodeSetOperations and extensions

I have now implemented the xalan namespace.  When

  xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan"

is specified (of course the prefix could be anything), Xalan will
automatically
look for methods in org.apache.xalan.lib.Extensions.  Of course, we can
change the behavior of this namespace if we want to.

This allows us to naturally specify extension functions as:

  xalan:nodeset

I propose copying the static functions from NodeSetOperations into
Extensions and then deleting NodeSetOperations.  This allows us to
naturally specify

  xalan:hasSameNodes
  xalan:intersection

and so on.