Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Adrian Madrid <ae...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/21 01:59:32 UTC

Turbine 3.x howtos?

Are there any turbine 3.x howtos? Am I crazy for
trying to start with 3.x? From what I gather from some
posts and the site 3.x is more than usable and it has
a better design. Is is better to start directly with
3.x or learn 2.2 and then jump through the
differences? Sorry, newbie trying to figure out what's
the best way up.

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Turbine 3.x howtos?

Posted by Adrian Madrid <ae...@yahoo.com>.
I have scarab up and running. I can claim any bragging
rights since I got the Out of the Box 1.0 thingie
(ejbsolutions.com). I haven't tried looking at the
source of scarab yet, I was wondering if there was a
smaller app to satart with. Well, I guess that won't
be happening any time soon...

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'll try to dissect
scarab and see if I can learn anything.

Thanks again,

Adrian

PS: This is the first time I see my name with such a
spelling. I'll add it to Adrianne, Adrien, etc.

--- Adriaan Moors <ad...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 01:59, Adrian Madrid wrote:
> > Are there any turbine 3.x howtos? Am I crazy for
> > trying to start with 3.x? From what I gather from
> some
> > posts and the site 3.x is more than usable and it
> has
> > a better design. Is is better to start directly
> with
> > 3.x or learn 2.2 and then jump through the
> > differences? Sorry, newbie trying to figure out
> what's
> > the best way up.
> >
> I've been looking at scarab (scarab.tigris.org),
> which is -- as far as i
> can tell -- the only real life example of a webapp
> using turbine 3
> I'm using maven to build it. I'm almost up and
> running, right now i'm
> kinda stuck on an incompatability between fulcrum,
> tomcat and turbine. I
> think... it seems the (old) fulcrum
> (LocalizationService) that is in
> maven's online repository needs the Strings class
> from commons-lang 0.1
> but if i put that jar in my WEB-INF/lib, i get weird
> errors (duplicate
> initializations), which disappeared when i switched
> back to commons-lang
> 1.0
> so i decided to bite the bullet and get fulcrum from
> cvs (tried HEAD and
> PRE_AVALON), neither worked (i get this error:
> 124 [main] ERROR turbine.Turbine  -
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.apache.fulcrum.ServiceBroker.getService(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/fulcrum/Service;
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.apache.fulcrum.ServiceBroker.getService(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/fulcrum/Service;
>         at

org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.populateWithGlobalTools(TurbinePullService.java:410))

=====

Re: Turbine 3.x howtos?

Posted by Adriaan Moors <ad...@myrealbox.com>.