Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ching Chen <CC...@teleias.com> on 2002/10/13 18:06:01 UTC

Portlet newbie question - URL to call another Pane's Portlet?

Hi,

This is the scenario:
- I have two TabPanes, say TabPaneA and TabPaneB.
- Each TabPane has a MenuPane, say MenuPaneA in TabPaneA and MenuPaneB in
TabPaneB.
- MenuPaneA has a portlet called PortletA. PortletA forwards data to JSP
page "JSPA".
- MenuPaneB has a portlet called PortletB.

Question:
How can I create an URL in "JSPA" to link to PortletB? I tried the following
from "JSPA" but it just goes back to PortletA:

<%
   // assume all libraries imported...

   JetspeedRunData data =
(JetspeedRunData)pageContext.getAttribute(JspService.RUNDATA,
PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);
   JetspeedLink linkObj =   JetspeedLinkFactory.getInstance(data);
   DynamicURI uri2 = linkObj.getLink(JetspeedLink.CURRENT, null, null,
JetspeedLink.PORTLET_ID, "P-f0cf5f8bf4-10018");
   // "P-f0cf5f8bf4-10018" is the id of PortletB
%>
<A HREF="<%= uri2.toString() %>">Go to another Portlet</A>

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ching