Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/06/06 19:22:02 UTC

[Jakarta Wiki] Update of "JakartaBoardReport-current" by RolandWeber

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RolandWeber:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaBoardReport-current

The comment on the change is:
status for HttpComponents

  ==== ECS ====

  ==== HttpComponents ====
-    ''including Commons!HttpClient''
+
+ Work on the first alpha of !HttpClient 4.0 has made good progress. We expect to release client-alpha1 and the matching core-alpha5 shortly.
+
+ There is currently no release manager for a potential !HttpClient 3.1 final release. Since the RC1 was released only in March, this is not an immediate problem. Bug reports are still dripping in, and bugs keep getting fixed. But we'll need to find a volunteer eventually.
+
+ Various options to spin off !HttpComponents from Jakarta are being discussed.
+ This could improve the focus of the active members of the !HttpComponents (sub-)community.
+