Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2007/03/11 19:04:39 UTC

CODE FREEZE: No more commits until the builds are fixed

This has gone on long enough - there will be no more commits until the build
has been fixed.  Currently, I'm seeing compilation problems in the tiles
plugin and 22 tests broken due to the consistent naming commit.  Until the
build has been fixed and all tests pass, only commits that address these
issues should go through.

When the build is broken, it makes it harder to protect against regression
bugs and just plain looks bad.  Right now, it seems we only have Bamboo
building trunk, so I'll add a plan for our 2.0.x branch.  I'm happy that we
seem to be moving forward with improvements and features, but it is
important we maintain code quality.

Don

Re: CODE FREEZE: No more commits until the builds are fixed

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Horray, we have a Green build for trunk.  I neatly sidestepped the
annotations issue and deployed the 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT, then fixed the tests for
the blank webapp.  The problem is when we fixed the inconsistent naming of
result types, we removed the deprecated ones.  Shouldn't we leave them in
for at least another release, or worst case, figure out how to throw better
errors when used?

Don

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.
Based on this log...

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Ok, I believe I fixed all the build problems for trunk and 2.0.x.  Bamboo is
having some problem accessing the SVN server, so it'll be a bit before it
can confirm the build, but everything is working on my box.  I created a
plan for 2.0.x, so expect to see notifications once Bamboo is working
correctly again.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

--
HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>