Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com> on 2007/12/07 14:04:59 UTC

Form with multiple Ajax updating behaviours and standard SubmitLinks problems

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue on a page that has many Ajax updating behviors. When
the user clicks on one of the regular SubmitLinks, even there are
pending Ajax requests, the HTTP POST is immediately done.

Then, it appears that the previously in progress Ajax requests hit the
new page, and fails miserabily with exceptions like "unable to find
component xxxxx".

Some other times, for users on very high latency networks, I ecounter
(though rarely enough) exceptions "page map locked for more that one
minute". I guess that's when a conflicting ajax requests from a previous
page failed to release properly its pagemap lock...

What do you think? Is using the standard SubmitLink the main problem?
Should I use some kind of behaviour to append some javascript that
enables the SubmitLinks on the client side when the ajax queue is empty?

Thanks in advance for your insights ;)

Cheers,

Antoine.

PS : This has been happening from versions 1.2.4 to current trunk, even
if the various version upgrades tend to improve the situation !

Re: Form with multiple Ajax updating behaviours and standard SubmitLinks problems

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007, Antoine Angénieux wrote:
> I'm having an issue on a page that has many Ajax updating behviors. When
> the user clicks on one of the regular SubmitLinks, even there are
> pending Ajax requests, the HTTP POST is immediately done.
>
> Then, it appears that the previously in progress Ajax requests hit the
> new page, and fails miserabily with exceptions like "unable to find
> component xxxxx".

Hello,

We have worked around a bit similar situation by using
IAjaxIndicatorAware to "disable" all other functionality on
the page by putting a semitransparent pane over it. This
might or might not ruin the user experience, depending on
the case :)

If you have better ideas on the concurrent requests issue,
I'd be very happy to hear them!

This on Wicket 1.3, I never used 1.2.

Best wishes,
Timo