Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> on 2001/10/12 22:51:13 UTC

comments

greetings,
hey all,

i was wondering if there was need of more comments in the
code, i mean, i dont mind doing it,

the reason to this is:
new people to the httpd-2.0 source tree will get easily
confused on where to debug the code,

like me, i got confused when the bit of sed came in the
buildconf scripts.

its only a suggestion

Hiten Pandya
hpandya@lycos.co.uk

Free E-mail - Lycos UK - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for £9.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=lycos_ef
Play now to win £1 Million - http://www.thedailydraw.com/mainframe.cfm?source=lycos

Re: comments

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 01:52:24PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> i was wondering if there was need of more comments in the
> code, i mean, i dont mind doing it,

+1

> the reason to this is:
> new people to the httpd-2.0 source tree will get easily
> confused on where to debug the code,
>
> like me, i got confused when the bit of sed came in the
> buildconf scripts.

I just added a bunch of sed mumbo-jumbo, so I'm definately at fault here.
The problem is how to comment a shell snippet that is part of a makefile
target. It gets more confusing when you want to comment a sed program
that is part of a shell script part of a makefile -- ugh! Ideas on how
to place comments in this would be appreciated.

-aaron